What is a Bond Clean? 0430 547 665
Whether you call it a bond cleaning or end of lease cleaning or a Exit cleaning, Bris-bond cleaners Brisbane highly expertise in Cleaning services. you’ll have to perform one when, you move out of your property. It’s a legal requirement of your tenancy and the process for which you’ll get your bond refunded. If you’re new to renting or just want to get caught up on the ins-and-outs of ending your tenancy, this guide will walk you through the bond refund process .
A bond clean, also known as an exit clean, is the comprehensive cleaning of your rental property at the end of your lease. The purpose of the bond clean is to restore the property to the original condition when first moved in. The real estate agent will use the initial condition report to determine if any of the bond will be deducted during the final inspection. If the real estate agent determines that there is any damage to the property or that it still requires cleaning, a claim may be lodged against your bond.
Bond Cleaning Requirements
The level of cleanliness isn’t open to interpretation; your estate agent will set out specific bond cleaning requirements that must be met. If the bond clean doesn’t meet the estate agent’s standard, you may lose some or all of your bond deposit. Your real estate agent should provide an end of lease cleaning checklist for you to work through. As a general guide, the below points are important aspects of a bond clean.
- Steam Cleaning Carpets: In most cases, carpets are required to be professionally steam cleaned. You may have to show the receipt from the contractor as proof of a professional clean.
- Oven and Range Hood: Depending on use, grease build-up can be mild to severe. Oven cleaning alone will take up to an hour for degreasing agents to work their magic. Don’t forget to clean the range hood filter and exhaust.
- Walls and Skirting Boards: Remove any marks from walls and dust all skirting boards.
- Curtains, Venetians and Blinds: Dust, wipe down or wash any types of blinds – wooden or fabric.
- Windows and Window Sills: Remove dust build up and any dead insects window frames, window sills and all other fittings etc.
- Shelves and Drawers: Wipe out all drawers and dust the tops of any cupboards.
- Exhaust Fans and Ceiling Fans: Remove dust from accessible exhaust and ceiling fans.
- Floors: Wash all non carpeted floors and remove marks.
Bathroom: Clean toilet, bath, shower recess, remove built up soap residue, clean sink and all tapware.